Indian food is definitely a favorite around my house!
And how could you have indian food without Naan??
This is a delicious sourdough naan recipe meaning it will taste great, and it will digest even better!
I want you to enjoy food without all the accompanying pains, aches, and bloating that many of us feel.
Go check out my other blog post about how to make bread the natural way to learn even more about making breads and other things that will leave you feeling great!
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen
Living Well with Dr. Michelle
- 1 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/2 Cup Warm Milk
- 1/4 Cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flower
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 5 tbsp Melted Butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the sourdough starter, milk, and yogurt until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and flour and stir to combine to a shaggy, somewhat sticky dough.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
- After the dough has raised, dump out the dough onto a lightly floured counter and knead for a minute or two, until smooth. You shouldn't need to add much extra flour, if any, to make it not stick to your hands.
- Preheat a heavy cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into about 1/4" thickness.
- Brush one side with melted butter and place butter-side down on the skillet.
- Cook for about a minute, or until the dough starts to bubble and release from the skillet.
- Brush the other side with melted butter and flip.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a cloth to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining pieces of dough and Enjoy!
I’m Dr. Michelle Jorgensen, I love eating food, and I live to share healthy recipes with YOU! I am not going to give you any recipes that don’t taste amazing and make your body feel great!