Dr. Michelle Jorgensen DDS
Owner and founder of Total Care Dental & Wellness
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen is an author, speaker, teacher, biologic/holistic dentist, and health and wellness, provider. After practicing traditional dentistry for 10 years, Dr. Jorgensen became very sick. Through her own journey to return to health, she discovered she had mercury poisoning from drilling out mercury fillings for her patients. She was concerned that there may be other health-threatening materials or procedures in dentistry and this led her to the Biologic/Holistic Dentistry field.
For the last 15 years, she has been paving the way in Biologic/Holistic dentistry, learning from pioneers all over the world. She has created the Total Care Dental Way, a patient CARE centric, health-focused method for treating dental and overall health. Patients from around the world seek out her care and come to Total Care Dental to have their health restored.
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen's Education
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen is also a Board Certified Traditional Naturopath and has received certifications as a Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor, and a Certified Nutritional Autoimmune Specialist. She completed a Holistic Dental Mini-Residency and is pursuing ongoing training from experts around the world in health-related fields.
Dr. Jorgensen also teaches and coaches groups of dental professionals across the country through her Living Well Professionals training. They learn how to integrate dentistry with other health disciplines to provide an integrated, whole body approach to care.
- Brigham Young University, Biology
- Creighton University Dental School, DDS Degree
- Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor certification
- Certified Nutritional AutoImmune Specialists
- Holistic Dentistry Mini-Residency
- Nerve Express advanced Practitioner Training on Heart Rate Variability
- Lightwalker laser Advanced training
- Mollica Ozone Training
- Swiss Biohealth User Course
- Choukroun PRF Training
- Exceptional Dental Functional Oral Systemic Health Training
- Karen’s Energy Empowered courses
- Cosmetic training with Cosmodent Center for Esthetic Excellence
- Kois center Master track – with John Kois
- Practical Clinical Courses with Gordon Christensen
- Advanced cosmetic training with William Strupp
- Whitecap Institute mini- residency in implants
- All on four training with Nobel Biocare
- Conscious sedation with DOCS
- Dawson Center for jaw and bite training
- Rehabilitative locked in denture training at USC
Dr. Michelle's Books
A prolific writer, she has authored five books and hundreds of blog posts and articles about dentistry, health, and nutrition. You can find her books on Amazon: Healthy Mouth Healthy YOU; Be Prepared, Not Scared; Self Sufficient Living; 100 Days from the Garden; Real Food for Real Families.
She has also started a line of clean, good for you and your body tooth care products in collaboration with the well-known clean ingredients brand Just Ingredients. Their very popular tooth powders and mouth-rinses are sold online and through retail stores in the US. She also has lines of supplements for Remineralizing teeth, Gut Health, Optimal Nutrition, Detoxing and more found at livingwellwithdrmichelle.com.
Living Well with Dr. Michelle Jorgensen
When not at work Dr. Jorgensen is busy with her husband, four children, and her own mini-farm, where she loves to grow, harvest, and preserve her own food. She loves to read and has a huge library of books on homesteading, gardening, natural health, herbology and so much more.
Michelle and her family have built and run the Living Well Homestead where they strive to live a self-sufficient life and practice daily preparedness.
She has found what it takes to Live Well, in today’s world, and launched her brand “Living Well with Dr. Michelle” as a way to share her insights with others.
Click Here to Learn More About Living Well with Dr. Michelle