Dr. Derek Preble DDS
Restorative Dentist at Total Care Dental & Wellness
Meet Dr. Derek Preble, a dentist driven by a genuine passion for helping people. His journey to dentistry took some twists and turns, but he found his calling. With years of experience in the dental field and a background in sculpture, he brings a unique perspective to his craft. From running a mobile 3D imaging business to working with patients, he discovered immense joy in making a difference in people’s lives. Now, as a lead dentist at Total Care Dental, he embraces a comprehensive whole-body health approach. When he’s not expanding his dental expertise, you’ll find him enjoying precious moments with his loving wife and two boys, exploring nature and occasionally hitting the ice for a hockey game.
- University of Utah, Bachelor of Fine Arts emphasis in sculpture
- Roseman University of Health Sciences, DMD
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, Student Award of Merit.
- Member of the AGD
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Member of the Crown Council
- Member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- IAOMT Safe Mercury Amalgam Technique (SMART) certified
- Invisalign Certified
- Neuromuscular occlusion training from Myotronis, and Occlusal Connections
- Functional esthetics, Veneer, and occlusion courses with David Hornbrook, Mark Montgomery, and Utah Vally Dental Lab
- Full mouth rehabilitation, occlusion, and complex restorative courses with the Dick Barns group, and Arrowhead Dental lab
- Advanced cosmetic training with William Strupp, and Michal Brumm
- Vivos integrated provider
- Spear institute
- The BAARD institute
- Advanced Laser Training
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Excellence in Surgical & Prosthetic Implant Dentistry Roseman Implant continuum
What Our Patients Are Saying...
My son... had an appointment and got his first filling. Dr. Derek and Mary were super sweet with him making sure he had a good first experience. My son said later he never even felt the needle! Natalie and the rest of the team were also super nice and helpful. I can’t say enough good things about them!!!
Where do I start! The dentist (Dr. Derekl) was super good! Explained everything well and did it super fast! Impatient siblings in the car so..gotta go😁but would totally 💯 hands down recommend!!!