- Brigham Young University, Biology
- Creighton University Dental School, DDS Degree
- Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor certification
- Certified Nutritional AutoImmune Specialists
- Holistic Dentistry Mini-Residency
- Nerve Express advanced Practitioner Training on Heart Rate Variability
- Lightwalker laser Advanced training
- Mollica Ozone Training
- Swiss Biohealth User Course
- Choukroun PRF Training
- Exceptional Dental Functional Oral Systemic Health Training
- Karen’s Energy Empowered courses
- Cosmetic training with Cosmodent Center for Esthetic Excellence
- Kois center Master track – with John Kois
- Practical Clinical Courses with Gordon Christensen
- Advanced cosmetic training with William Strupp
- Whitecap Institute mini- residency in implants
- All on four training with Nobel Biocare
- Conscious sedation with DOCS
- Dawson Center for jaw and bite training
- Rehabilitative locked in denture training at USC
Dr. Derek Preble - DMD
Dr. Derek Preble loves to help people with his passion for dentistry. Dr. Derek’s path to becoming a dentist was a little roundabout for someone that grew up in a dental office, but because of this, he knows dentistry is his passion.
Dr. Derek has been working in the dental field since 2003, while going to the University of Utah for a Bachelor of fine arts in sculpture, first working as a delta lab technician. After graduating from the U Dr. Derek started a mobile 3d imaging business for dentists across the Wasatch front, running that business and working with patients made him realize the joy he got from helping people.
This started him on the path to become a dentist. During the time of running the imaging business and during dental school Dr. Preble worked as a diagnostic technician for the Vivos Dental sleep appliance.
After graduating from Roseman University’s College of Dental Medicine, Dr. Preble went to work as the lead Dentist for a busy corporate office in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Dr. Derek is excited to be back in Utah at Total Care Dental, not only because it brings him back to his roots and close to family, but provides him the opportunity to help patients with a more comprehensive whole-body health approach.
When Dr. Derek is not at the office or trying to expand his dental knowledge and treatment options; he is spending time with his loving wife and 2 boys. He and his family love spending time in nature. Dr. Derek also plays in the occasional hockey game.