Table of Contents
It’s Dr. Michelle Jorgensen from Total Care Dental and Wellness, and I just wanted to share a healthy recipe and a little more about a challenge I am doing on my Living Well with Dr. Michelle Instagram page.
I never thought that combining an Indian chimichurri sauce with Mexican tacos would taste so good—but it does!
Being grain-free and full of nutritious ingredients, these tacos both taste delicious and helped me feel great.
This Chimichurri Tacos recipe comes from my current Instagram challenge to spend 100 days eating food from my garden, You can follow that challenge here.
But why am I sharing this challenge with you?
Well, nutritious and high-quality food is essential to dental health, and here at Total Care Dental and Wellness, we consider it essential to what we do.
You can learn more about this idea on the post “How to Protect Your Teeth Through Nutrition” here.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and go to my account to let me know how it tasted!
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour (a great grain replacement)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Minced Green Onion
- 1 Zucchini Chopped
- 8 Mushrooms Chopped
- 2 Cup Swiss Chard Chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1-2 Avocados (Use as a topping)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Oregano
- 8 Leaves Basil
- 1 Green Onion
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Mix together all tortilla ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop 1/4 C of batter onto a hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form then flip.
- While the tortillas are cooking, heat the oil in a skillet and add vegetables, salt, and chicken and cook until cooked through. (Don't cook the Avocado.)
- To make the Chimichurri sauce, blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
- To make the tacos, put the filling ingredients into chickpea tortilla and top with sauce and avocado.
Enjoy! Dr. Michelle
Read More Health-Based Post
80% of people have varying degrees of gum infection. This gum infection is usually talked about in two stages gingivitis and periodontitis, with periodontitis being the more serious condition.
Learn more about how your gum health can affect your overall health…
Find this information helpful?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest content from Total Care Dental & Wellness delivered to your email inbox each week!