I’ve decided that in my next life, if I get to choose, we are not going to have hair. Think about it – if no one has it, we won’t think anyone looks funny without it! I know that’s a bit strange, but I have a reason. I have been bouncing back and forth between hair stylists for the last six months. I envy men, like my husband, that just use clippers and buzz their hair off. They don’t have to worry about whether the stylist is going to turn their hair clown orange (has happened to me), or get distracted and cut way too much off one side (also happened). I know this may sound high maintenance, but I’m actually incredibly low maintenance – which is why this bugs me so bad! I need a five minute or less hairdo, and that isn’t what I always walk out the door with.
Well, I hope to have made my last bounce with stylists. I took the recommendation of a patient, and visited Shep Studio in Provo. From the moment I walked in the door, I knew I found a place that was right up my alley. They greeted me and took me right to my hair cut station. I looked around and couldn’t find a speck of dust or hair anywhere. My stylist, Twix (yes, that is his name), told me he wanted to get to know me and we could talk while he worked, but he wanted to talk about my hair first. I spent the next two hours grilling him on the salon and their vision, and how they provided the service they clearly excelled at. By the end of the appointment I knew I had to share this experience with my team. Perfect timing – Christmas was coming in 8 weeks, and I would need another hair cut by then! So I arranged to have all of the Total Care Dental team spend an afternoon at the salon, getting their hair done and learning more about this incredible business.
Fast forward to last Friday – it was our salon day! We started with a personal meeting with the salon owner, Shep. He talked to us about his vision and how he made it happen in the salon. We were all taking it in, nodding, sharing some of what we do…when he said a very profound thing. He said that the people that they serve are more than just client to them, they are family. I know that doesn’t sound incredibly profound, but it struck a chord with me. He put into words what I’ve been trying to say for a long time. You are more than just a patient to us, you’re family.
As I thought about what he said (over a bowl of Coconut Curry Lentil soup Shep’s wife made for us – YUM!), I realized I needed to thank you for being a part of our family. There are so many things to be thankful for, and what better time than Christmas to share them with you!
- Thank you for trusting us. We know dentistry is a very personal thing, and we appreciate you letting us be a part of your care.
- Thank you for uplifting us. There is not a day that goes by that we don’t grow because of our association with you. A uplifting thought, a funny story, a dose of reality – always something that makes us better because we’ve known you.
- Thank you for sticking with us. We have had some changes in the last few years at TCD, and are so glad to finally be back to our core team. We are here to stay and are glad you’re here with us.
- Thank you for forgiving us. We know that although we are trying hard every day, we are not always perfect. Thank you for allowing us to be human, and allowing us to make it up to you when we fall short.
- Thank you for sharing us. It’s the greatest compliment when one of our TCD family members (like you!), shares what they love about our office with a friend or family member. That makes us feel warm fuzzies for days!
This thank you is overdue. We have a patient that flies from Texas to see us for her care. She was here last week, and after her appointment, she told me she comes to our office because of the sharing and love that she can feel here. I am surrounded by it every day, and I don’t always notice it anymore. I appreciated her sharing because it helped me to stop and recognize just what we do have at Total Care Dental.
Are there people in your life that you owe a thank you to? Are you so accustomed to them being there that you’ve stopped recognizing what a blessing they are to you? Take a moment and really think about it because that’s my challenge to you this week. Tell one person thank you for blessing your life.
You are more than a patient to me. You are family. Thank you for being part of my family. I hope you have a marvelous holiday season and I can’t wait to see you in the office at your nest appointment so we can catch up!
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen
PS- Check out this after photo of our team! Go to our Facebook Page to see the before photos. www.facebook.com/totalcaredental